Saturday 1 February 2014

About ritual candle-making (I)

Beeswax candles produced by immersion
This is a time of the year when streghe make candles. Candle-making is an important part of Italian witchcraft, and candles rarely lack on the working space of the Italian practitioner. Although today books of magic and witchcraft may propose a huge variations of choice in terms of candle colours and shape, Italian witches tend to favour a simpler approach. I will try to explain on what this is based and how it works. Of course, as everything in this blog, this is my take on it.
Colours in candles are a powerful way of approaching elemental and planetary correspondences. A blue candle, for example, may represent Jupiter and the element of water, a red one Mars and the element of fire, a yellow one Mercury and the element of air and so on. However, candle-enthusiasts often tend to neglect the fact that those candles are first, made of petroleum-derivative substances like paraphyn. This isn't good for your health, it won't do any good to your magic. If you are practising a folklore based form of natural magic, you want to use materials that come directly from nature - and which will not slowly kill you while burning. Let's look into the alternative materials available, and then we'll look into colours.

Animal Grease
Wipe out those faces of disgust, this is the way it has been done for centuries. Candles were in poor, rural households a valued good and so were porks. Pork grease was kept, stored and moulded into candles at need. Pork fat makes smelly candles that can burn very fast. Many contemporary witches (like myself) do not like pork fat, for its cruel animal nature (and the way pigs are kept in modern day animal factories). Moreover, these candles are really smelly and quite inconvenient to work with - although for some they are more easily manageable that the next alternative, beeswax.

Beeswax
Beeswax is an incredible, powerful and all-natural material that makes perfect candles. Naturally, beeswax comes from the glands in the worker bees to protect the infants and food. It is made of animal fats, but its purpose it is to sustain life - it does not come from murder. Witches who live in urban settings may find difficult to obtain it, but if you get in touch with a bee-keeper than you're on the right way to a good deal. Many small bee-keepers prefer to sale the wax remaining from their work to individuals, rather than to the few companies that use it to make candles and other stuff, for doing which they purify and bleach the wax, sometimes using chemicals that have the same negative properties you want to avoid. You want to buy the raw wax from the bee-keeper, which is the pure product as it came out of the bee. In Italy, small bee-keepers may sell a kilo of beeswax for anything from 12 to 20 euros.

According to how the honey is extracted, beeswax can be sold in two forms. First, foils. Foils are produced when bees are arranged in honeycomb foundations. These foils are normally clean and highly manageable, and one can either warm them up (with an hair-drier, for example) and just roll them into candles or completely liquefy them and use stamps. Second, loaves. Beeswax loaves are
This is pretty much how a loaf looks like
my favourite, they usually come in one or two kilo sizes and are a mass of raw beeswax with sometimes dead bees and pockets of honey in them. They are hard to break, better use a warm blade, but, oh boy, they are marvellous. The wax liquefies in hot pot immersed in another bigger pot with boiling water. Once liquefied, you can choose to filter it to get rid of impurities, or tu is it as it is. Candles may be created with stamps, or through the 'immersion' technique, which I will talk about in another post.

Beeswax candles have a pleasant light-yellow colour, and they burn like hell. However, the fact that beeswax is very flammable (caution when you handle it!) does not mean it is only good for candles. On the contrary, it makes also an excellent base for ointments. It should never lack in the witch's cupboard, in my opinion. Of course beeswax can be coloured, but I'll write about that in a another post. 

7 comments:

  1. REAL AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL THAT WORK FAST AND EFFECTIVELY
    https://ancientspiritspellcast12.wordpress.com

    Hello everyone i know there is someone somewhere reading this,My name is Dena Cruz from Leicester city,England,I want to share a great work of a spell caster called Priest Ade my husband and i had a fight which led to our divorce but when he left me a part of me left with him and i was to sad and cried all day and night i was searching something online when i saw people testifying about his great work and i just decided to give him a try i did everything he told me to do and he assured me that after 24 hours my husband will come back to me,the next morning to my greatest surprised a car stopped outside my house and it was my husband i'm so happy he can also help you email him at

    ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

    Blog: https://ancientspirit1.blogspot.com

    Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

    WhatsApp +2347059715465





    REAL AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL THAT WORK FAST AND EFFECTIVELY
    https://ancientspiritspellcast12.wordpress.com

    Hello everyone i know there is someone somewhere reading this,My name is Dena Cruz from Leicester city,England,I want to share a great work of a spell caster called Priest Ade my husband and i had a fight which led to our divorce but when he left me a part of me left with him and i was to sad and cried all day and night i was searching something online when i saw people testifying about his great work and i just decided to give him a try i did everything he told me to do and he assured me that after 24 hours my husband will come back to me,the next morning to my greatest surprised a car stopped outside my house and it was my husband i'm so happy he can also help you email him at

    ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

    Blog: https://ancientspirit1.blogspot.com

    Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

    WhatsApp +2347059715465



    REAL AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL THAT WORK FAST AND EFFECTIVELY
    https://ancientspiritspellcast12.wordpress.com

    Hello everyone i know there is someone somewhere reading this,My name is Dena Cruz from Leicester city,England,I want to share a great work of a spell caster called Priest Ade my husband and i had a fight which led to our divorce but when he left me a part of me left with him and i was to sad and cried all day and night i was searching something online when i saw people testifying about his great work and i just decided to give him a try i did everything he told me to do and he assured me that after 24 hours my husband will come back to me,the next morning to my greatest surprised a car stopped outside my house and it was my husband i'm so happy he can also help you email him at

    ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

    Blog: https://ancientspirit1.blogspot.com

    Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

    WhatsApp +2347059715465

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are You Heartbroken? Don't be upset, let Dr.Unity help you get your Ex back"I'm so excited my boyfriend is back after he left me for another girl. My boyfriend was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my boyfriend so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think use witchcraft or black magic on my boyfriend to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my boyfriend! I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a lovespell for me. 11hours later, my boyfriend really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is best spell caster online who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and your boyfriend is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity to help you get your Ex lover back or Stop your divorce and save your marriage now..Here’s his contact:
    Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com OR Call/Whats-app him: +2348055361568 ,
    His Website:https://unityspelltemples.blogspot.com .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE SPELL CASTER 2020
    i am from Spain I feel very happy to share my great and wonderful testimony with everyone on this platform..: I was married for 7 years to my husband and all of a sudden another woman came into the picture he started hating me and he was abusive and all because i never bear him a child. but i still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost.... He filed for divorce and my whole life was turning apart and i didn't know what to do, he moved out of the house and abandoned me all alone,one day a very close friend of mine told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back,so i went online to search and i came across so many spell caster who only wasted my time and took a lot of money from me,but i went back to her and told her that spiritual way has only taking my money and not yielding anything, and she introduced me to a spell caster, Dr gbojie, so i decided to try it. although i didn't believe in all those things because of what i have gone through lately, i contacted Dr gbojie  and he  explain all my problems to him and he told me that i shouldn't worry that when he cast the spell on me and my husband that my husband is going to run back to me and that within 2 weeks am going to get pregnant,so i did the little he ask me to do and behold it all work out,my husband run back to me and right now we have Twins Girl and a boy,so all thanks to Dr gbojie  you're indeed a great spell caster, in case anyone needs help here,  whatsapp him now +2349066410185 or email him : gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com 
    Website :   http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me  

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW DR. UNEME brought back my ex lover unemespellben@gmail.com
    Am DONNA, am from UK. After been in a relationship with my Boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl. of a truth, I really love this guy and never can I imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, I came across some Testimonies on a website about this great spell caster called (Dr. UNEME) any persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex lover back, I had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr UNEME I equally want to use this opportunity to Tell/Advice to as many who need their ex back, if you need his help you can Contact him through
    EMAIL: unemespellben@gmail.com WHATSAPP HIM @ +2348143813120


    Thank You Once Again Dr.UNEME

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name is Chloe Elizabeth I'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Dr ogunsnya who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Dr ogunsnya can help you too Email him at
    (drogunsnya@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a testimony that I will tell to everyone to hear. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Dr, Ogedegbe have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to meet with this man and have your lover back to your self His email: dr.ogedegbe6@gmail.com or you can also contact him or whatsapp him on this +2348109374702 thank so much Dr OGEDEGBE for saving my marriage.    

    ReplyDelete
  7. All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $8,070 in a week from an initial investment of just $500. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.
    Whatsapp: +447883246472
    Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete