Saturday 8 February 2014

About internet witches and wishful thinking

I am writing this post following a discussion that occured on a forum of Italian witches. Basically, one user noticed that some people she had not liked very much had had disgraceful accidents. Although she admittedly had no thought of hurting these people, she concluded from this that she may have some obscure power, therefore feeling sad and guilty as she had not wished for this to happen. Apart from telling an interesting story about the kind of readership Italian forums about stregoneria tend to attire these days, this also points to the issue of witchcraft, psychic abilities and spellwork. The particular discussion I had on the forum, however, was not with the user who opened the thread, but with another who jumped in explaining that this was absolutely nature and an expression of the first user's amazing psychic abilities. My WTF! rolled out copiously.


The theory of the second user, whom I will name 'Prue', was that by finding these people annoying the first user, whom we will call 'Piper' had practiced a form of sympathetic or imitative magic, thus causing those violent accidents to her acquaintances. Prue went on describing how herself, thinking of a friend's friend on a Thursday and Friday, had caused her death on a Saturday. The ranting went on explaining how this was all normal, and rooted in psychology as an exact science.

Look how my psychic power is
embodied by my self-blowing hair
As you may have guessed, I am not holding Prue in much consideration. I find very annoying those so-called witches who go around online forums giving patchworked explanations to, honestly, silly question. Piper seemed to be struggling to be honest, and I would not have told her I found her question silly, but tried to explain what I know about coincidences and psychic abilities. Prue found in Piper's struggling an occasion for showcasing a very fragmentary and superficial knowledge on a series of subjects.

She held that it is possible, and indeed very normal, for people to be able to obtain what they want by intensely thinking of it. So if you really hate someone, think about him or her choking and they will choke. Prue called it sympathetic magic, because by having bad thoughts you are making bad things happen. How convenient! But if it so, why aren't we all rich, without enemies and with plenty of lovers (and all dead, very possibly?).

The idea that all that is needed for magic to happen is to think of it is a misconception about how spells work. We do not know how spells work, but we do know how to make them work, how to do the trick.A pianist can improvise an amazing play, if he knows what sounds the keys make and how to play them. A great cook can make a delicious meal with leftovers, if he is skilled and knows his ingredient. Wishing for something to happen is not enough. Any witch that does practice imitative magic knows that for effective, long-term results there is a lot of work to do, and that it is not enough to write 'someone's name on a piece of paper' to produce significant, and lasting changes, as Prue argued.
 In particular, some people seem to radicalize the idea that the will is the base for magic to the point that they argue that it is the only think that one needs to get results. Of course magic done out of the spur of the moment, with few things at our disposal, can be very powerful. But even then, the witch must be able to how to use them. This is what the practice of witchcraft is, I think.
Sometimes it is not enough to think of it,
you might also need to shake your hands
a bit.
know

Prue replied to my argument stating that I had misunderstood everything, and that indeed a work of imitative magic mainly acts upon the operator, therefore if I make a dagida (which she kept referring to as voodoo doll) with the aim of making, let's say, someone's teeth fall off his mouth, the effect that the spell has is to make me see that person toothless.

Really?

Why would I go to such troubles, as witches have always done, to elaborate ways of materializing similarities in ritual arrangements, techniques of creating dolls with specific features and made of particular materials, go to great lengths to get a witness of the person... to just see 'her' bald, which would also make me crazy to other people's eyes as I'd be the only on. She kept saying that it really is all about psychomagic, and that if you want to make someone bald you can rely on popular herb remedies (which I have never heard about, as she was particularly talking about making people bold) or rely, as she did, on chemists who would smuggle chemical components. It is at the network of chemist smugglers that I rose my hands and I surrendered.

What the fuck? 

Witches do magic because magic works. Especially solitary magic often requires dedication, discipline and repetition. It is ego-centric and anthropocentric to think that when bad things happen that favor us, it happened because we wished for it. Of course, one's attitude and thinking plays a great role in one's life. But if you want to earn some money, it is not enough to think of it. Doing magic is what produces magic, it is not enough just to think of it to make it happen. Witchcraft is a thing of doing.

Oops..I involuntarily unleashed a dragon
flame, maybe I am witch and kalheesi!
Some skilled witches can cast spell one the astral plane, but although this may not be particularly difficult for those with a fervid imagination and a mastery of breathing and trance techniques, it is surely not a simple matter of thinking nor of imagining it. It requires vivid active meditation skills, a knowledge of magic and clear intent. Not something you make happen 'accidentally'. And one should also consider that Piper was no pre-adolescent in the midst of poltergeist madness, but a grown woman with kids.

Why do I care so much? Because it is unfair that people that clearly have no experience of magic, and little knowledge of other subjects (I have neglected  Prue's explanations of the psychological roots of sympathetic magic, which showed no knowledge whatsoever of the Freudian and Jungian concepts she was trying to put together. Oh, wikipedia!) go around telling people to have powers. When I started doing witchcraft, and landed on the internet, I had my head full of misconceptions and poor understanding. I found people who kicked my ass, and pushed me to go and study hard. I think I was lucky, and they showed respect towards me as a person when they took my silly questions seriously and gave me indications towards the most meaningful answers, telling me: you are wrong.

Witchcraft is not about going after amazing obscure powers, but learning how to use the power within and around us through the practice, not wishful thinking and confused speculation. It is true that there is no one path to witchcraft, but it also true that there are practices which have meanings that are relevant to what we do, and those are the tenets of witchcraft which is not only about being a witch but also about the crafting.

7 comments:

  1. I want to let the world know about Doctor Padman the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost, I got my love back and saved my marriage… I was married for 3years with 1kid and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and argued almost every time… it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me because I love him so much and don’t want to lose him but everything just didn’t work out… he moved out of the house because it was a rented apartment and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did special prayers and used his power… Within 4 days my husband called me and he said he was sorry for all the emotional pains he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily and our son is happy too and we are expecting our second child… (padmanlovespell@yahoo.com) I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news… Just thought I should share my experience because I strongly believe someone out there need’s it… You can email him through his email. padmanlovespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for making the right choice by contacting Dr. Irosi who helped me in getting my ex back by casting a love spell on him. One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr. Irosi to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr. Irosi because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr. Irosi on his Email Address [drirosisolutioncenter@gmail.com], call or whatsapp him via his contact +2348118829771 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr. Irosi for your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You Heartbroken? Don't be upset, let Dr.Unity help you get your Ex back"I'm so excited my boyfriend is back after he left me for another girl. My boyfriend was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my boyfriend so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think use witchcraft or black magic on my boyfriend to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my boyfriend! I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a lovespell for me. 11hours later, my boyfriend really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is best spell caster online who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and your boyfriend is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity to help you get your Ex lover back or Stop your divorce and save your marriage now..Here’s his contact:
    Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com OR Call/Whats-app him: +2348055361568 ,
    His Website:https://unityspelltemples.blogspot.com .

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE SPELL CASTER 2020
    i am from Spain I feel very happy to share my great and wonderful testimony with everyone on this platform..: I was married for 7 years to my husband and all of a sudden another woman came into the picture he started hating me and he was abusive and all because i never bear him a child. but i still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost.... He filed for divorce and my whole life was turning apart and i didn't know what to do, he moved out of the house and abandoned me all alone,one day a very close friend of mine told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back,so i went online to search and i came across so many spell caster who only wasted my time and took a lot of money from me,but i went back to her and told her that spiritual way has only taking my money and not yielding anything, and she introduced me to a spell caster, Dr gbojie, so i decided to try it. although i didn't believe in all those things because of what i have gone through lately, i contacted Dr gbojie  and he  explain all my problems to him and he told me that i shouldn't worry that when he cast the spell on me and my husband that my husband is going to run back to me and that within 2 weeks am going to get pregnant,so i did the little he ask me to do and behold it all work out,my husband run back to me and right now we have Twins Girl and a boy,so all thanks to Dr gbojie  you're indeed a great spell caster, in case anyone needs help here,  whatsapp him now +2349066410185 or email him : gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com 
    Website :   http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail. com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail. com)

















    Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail. com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $8,070 in a week from an initial investment of just $500. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.
    Whatsapp: +447883246472
    Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete